- Research -

I was suggested Fontsmith to have a look at different typefaces which may be suitable to my current brief. From what I have gathered from Jake he likes structure, bold action movies and loud rock bands. After visiting this website I picked a few typefaces which were my favourite and most appropriate to the typeface I wanted to create myself.



I am a real fan of this typeface 'White Space'. Its very minimal, clean and well structured. It has harsh yet soft corners to the letterforms and the bowls on the h, t, and e are well curved and work really well. I also like the colour scheme as the deep red contrasts with the black background making a much more bolder impact.


This is a similar typeface to 'White Space' however it is more stretched out with a looser kerning. This also works really well as it is easily understandable and minimal.


This is another example from the Fontsmith website, another typeface that I'm really fond of. It still has structure and minimalistic elements to it however I like how much more relaxed it is with the slight curve on the E and Y. This would be more appropriate to manipulate for my typeface for Jake as he seems more of a relaxed easy going person which this typeface communicates well.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Sample Text

Popular Posts

About

Download

Recent Posts